|Photo from Teaspoon of Spice|
Recipe by: Juju Harris, Arcadia Mobile Market Seasonal Cookbook
Serves: 6-8 people
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly*
- 1/2 head of cabbage, sliced thinly*
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced*
- 3 carrots, shredded*
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced thinly*
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly lengthwise*
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, minced*
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 cups of brown rice*
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil. Then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cabbage, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, scallions, ginger root and red pepper flakes.
- Add soy sauce and stir to incorporate.
- Cover and lover heat to medium.
- Cook until vegetables are crisp to tender.
- Add the cooked rice, and stir to incorporate. Heat thoroughly and serve.